A great way to keep my kiddos entertained for hours is with either bubbles and play-doh.
I have found a perfect way to give my children all the play dough they like and in the color they want. What I like the best is that it’s non-toxic.
I made a homemade calming play dough that keeps the kids playing right before bed. What they don't know is that the beautiful smell, lavender, is good for them to calm down. They play playdough about 2 hours before bedtime. It helps them calm down from a wild day of jumping around.
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 cup of all-purpose flour
½ cup of table salt
2 tbsp of cream of tartar
1 tbsp of oil1 cup of boiling water
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, and cream of tartar. Mix well
- Add the oil
- Mix a few drops of food coloring into the boiling water and add to the bowl
- Mix everything well and knead with your hand until it is no longer sticky
- You can add a little more flour if it is too sticky to knead.
- Add 2-3 drops of doTerra essential oil
Wait for the play dough to cool completely. Wrap in plastic and place in an airtight container Store at room temperature for up to 3 months!
Entertain your kids while at home by turning playtime into learning time by making this aromatherapy play dough! This activity is a great way for children to learn about aromatherapy and essential oils. Use a variety of oils and colors to help kids learn new scents. Some fun essential oils could include Copaiba, Lemon, Lavender, and Wild Orange.